How to break the ice in your one-on-one meeting[wtr-time]
Sometimes it’s tough to open up in one-on-ones. Whether it’s because you’re nervous to share feedback, think your question is silly, or just have nothing to talk about, the meeting ends up feeling like a waste of time.
That’s why SoapBox users love the random question suggester in SoapBox.
If someone is hesitant to open up for whatever reason, choosing a prompting question will give structure to the conversation and unearth thoughts and issues that might previously have gone undiscussed.
Here are the top 10 one-on-one meeting questions people are choosing from the SoapBox suggester to help get the conversation going👇
The top 10 SoapBox suggested questions used in one-on-one meetings
- What are the biggest time wasters for you each week?
- Is there anything we should START doing as a team?
- Would you like more or less direction from me on your work?
- Do you feel you’re getting enough feedback on your work? If not, where would you like more feedback?
- What could I do as a manager to make your work easier?
- Is there an aspect of your job you would like more help or coaching?
- Do you feel you’re getting enough feedback?
- How could we improve the ways our team works together?
- On a scale of 1–10, how happy are you at work?
- What are you least clear about — in terms of our strategy and goals?